This Privacy Notice was last reviewed in August 2018.
INTRODUCTIONWelcome to Measure Protocol’s privacy notice. Measure Protocol respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your Personal Data. This Privacy Notice will inform you as to how we look after your Personal Data when you visit http://www.measureprotocol.com/ (our “Website”) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICEThis Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how Measure Protocol collects and processes your Personal Data through your use of the Website, including any data you may provide when you enquire about our business, subscribe to our newsletter, participate in one of our events or correspond with us.
CONTROLLER CONTACT DETAILSUnder current Data Protection Legislation (the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018) the data controller is Measure Protocol.
CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGESWe keep our Privacy Notice under regular review. Any changes we make to this Privacy Notice in the future will be uploaded to the Websites. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice. It is important that the Personal Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Personal Data changes during your relationship with us.
THIRD-PARTY LINKSThe Websites may include links to third-party websites and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party Websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATAWhere we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATAWe will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your Personal Data in the following circumstances (each known as a “lawful basis”):
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer||(a) Identity
|Performance of a contract with you|
|To process and deliver our services including:
(a) Management payments, fees, and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To manage our relationship with you||(a) Identity
(d) marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To administer and protect our business||(a) Identity
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, network security, to prevent fraud)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To use data analytics to improve our Websites, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our Website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identify
(f) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL OFFERSWe may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing). You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased our services and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing. We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
OPTING OUTYou can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product or service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
CHANGE OF PURPOSEWe will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATAWe may share your personal data with the parties set out below, for the purposes set out in the “Purposes for which we will use your personal data” table above:
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERSMeasure Protocol is headquartered in the United Kingdom, but from time to time may conduct business in various locations around the world. Therefore, we may share your personal data with employees or other partners outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), when doing so is necessary for the purposes mentioned in this Privacy Notice. Whenever we transfer Personal Data out of the EEA, we adhere to the protections for international transfers approved by the European Commission. Please contact us if you want further information on the specific transfer mechanism.
7. DATA SECURITYWe have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator if we are required to do so.
8. HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATAWe will only retain your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your Personal Data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTSUnder certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data. If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact us using the contact details set out in this Privacy Notice.
You have the right to:
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIREDYou will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We will notify you if this is the case at the time
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOUWe may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPONDWe try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
EXCEPTIONSIt may not be possible for us to delete your Personal Data if we are required to keep it by law or if we hold it in connection with a contract with you. Similarly, access to your Personal Data may be refused if making the information available would reveal Personal Data about another person or if we are legally prevented from such disclosure.